Pages

Monday, April 20, 2015

As I paint...

As I work on a painting, I pause and take digital photographs.  These photos help me keep the drawing correct.  It's way too easy to forget to stop, step back, and look.  Other tricks I use to check my work include turning it upside down, or looking at it in a mirror.  The pictures below show clearly how valuable it is to stop and check your work while in the process of painting:


Can you see the difference?  In the top one, the front pelican's beak is too short,  It's not so obvious, and I could have continued on happy in my ignorance.  Thank goodness, I stopped and checked.
This is day four in the still incomplete "Pelican Dance".

For the first time in several days, the sun is shinning, so I am off to get more source photographs.  So excited to see shadows!

Make today wonderful,
Cindy.

No comments:

Post a Comment