Pages

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Random Beach Finished


Done!  Like a lot of other artists, I can paint on one picture for infinity...it's so hard to know when it is actually DONE, sooooo,  to help me stop, I make a list.  After a day or two, I relook at the painting, as well as all the photos of it.  For example, in yesterday's version of this painting, I noticed two pink spots in the sky, drip spatters, a smudge by the palm tree, sand too light between the boardwalk and posts, unfinished ropes, sun light reflection on the water not quite matching up with the direction of the post shadows and more detail needed on the front-most post.  I take my list, take a deep breath that I can acutally match the new color mixes to the already used ones, and start at the top of my list.  When I finish the list, I'm done, and so is the painting.  I hope you like it.  How do you know when your painting is done?

Random Beach 9" x 12" Acrylic on canvas board
 

Source photo I took somewhere on the Atlantic Coast!
 
I hope you have a great day,
Cindy

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment