Pages

Friday, January 31, 2014

Thirty in Thirty

So, I found 26 really good, valid excuses not to paint daily, and complete Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30 challenge.

Some of the categories are:

I don't live in a bubble, other people NEED me (blame others).
It SNOWED here (blame the weather).
I got sick - (blame fate).
I have too much laundry to do (blame time).
I have a new computer, and don't know how to do things like on the old one (blame technology)
The dog/cat ate my brushes (we don't have a pet, but if we did, I would use this one). 
THE TRUTH IS .....once the chain was broken, it was awfully hard to fix.  I skipped a day, and it became easy to not return to the studio.  When I did paint, I didn't post, I became extremely critical of my work, the challenge was on my mind daily, and it just wasn't a good feeling.  I learned about my motivation to paint:
>
It has to make me happy.  It's that simple.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment