Pages

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Brushes

Confession --- I own a lot of brushes.  Triple digit a lot.  About half of my brushes are past their useful life, but I just can't throw them away.  The remaining are equally divided between long handles, and short handles.  Of the long handled brushes, some belonged to my mom, easily recognized by all the paint on the handles. These are not used, they are treasured.  Half of the remaining long handles are WORN OUT, literally down to the nub, I use them to sketch out a drawing, or pick up random trash off my wet canvas, or the floor, or whatever.  The rest of the long handles are usable, some bristle hair, a few precious sables, and some artificial hair, flats, brights, filberts, rounds.  You can do the math, or you can deduce from all this dividing that I really need more brushes.  I know I do, I just can't part with any that have served me so long and I think a crisis situation may occur if I came home with any more.  What I need is a brush manufacturer who just produces the head.  Screw one off, screw a new one on. What's wrong with that?  The handle count would never go up!  I'm going to google that.


These are all special, and every painter can understand that!

I hope you have a great day,

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment