Pages

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

My Studio

My studio is pretty small, it is about 7 feet square, but it's functional, and I love it.  In the beginning, setting up a standard easel was out the the question, so I bought a small travel easel with collapsible legs.  It is easy to set up, and takes up little storage space.  Still, it hampered me.  It was not convenient enough. Leaving a wet canvas on it meant I had to be careful not to knock it over when using my computer or desk.  I searched the web many times looking for a reasonable, cost effective solution.  Finally, I saw a video of an artist who was painting a huge canvas propped up against a wall and inspiration struck.  I sketched out an easel that would be attached to my wall.  I know now, of course, that wall hung easels are commercially available, but I didn't know it then.

Here's my solution, carefully handcrafted by hubby:


and to show you the truth of my entire 7 x 7 studio:


my little bit of heaven!

Hope you make this day great,
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment